Forums » General Discussion

• 67 posts
    March 26, 2016 5:18 PM EDT

This post is going to be on the subject of change. It is a complicated and complex subject with many variations and context plays a big role in it. Sure, there are some changes that can be instantaneous and not seem that big of deal. But then there are those changes that require a certain period of time to complete, like a catarpillar as it changes into a butterfly. I have recently began to see that though my walk with the Lord has been brief, things are starting to change. Slowly but surely, things are changing, evolving, metamorphosing around me, and around all of us. One thing that came to my mind just recently, I was thinking about catarpillars and I realized that, metaphorically speaking, the catarpillars are us and that God wants to help us to evolve into the beautiful butterflies that each of us has the potential to become. It just takes time, and the time varies from person to person. Some people may see immidiate change, for others, it can take months or years. I like to look at it as the catarpillar gestating in its cacoon, ever growing and evolving and one day that catarpillar will no longer be a simple catarpillar; but it will burst fourth out of its cacoon as a magnificent butterfly. Be patient, give God the time he needs to help you to become that butterfly, and when the time comes, you can go fourth and take to the skies and enter a whole new realm of adventures.

What are some of the changes you are going through and how have they impacted your lives? I like to think that the Lord works through all of us to one degree or another. 

• 275 posts
    March 28, 2016 9:25 AM EDT

Great thought, Tyler! I think that is a lovely analogy and quite accurate! As with a caterpillar in a cocoon, it often seems like from our view, that not much is happening. In reality, God is preparing the many little changes that will result in an amazing transformation!

As for personal changes, not sure what I would say is happening at the moment :). I seem to  have injured my back a bit last week, so perhaps it's a time of learning to be still :D! 

• 2 posts
    June 21, 2016 9:22 AM EDT

CHANGES , I HAVE EXPERIENCED MANY OVER THE YEARS , CURRENTLY I JUST MOVED AND ANSWER TO PRAYER NO DOUBT .

I HAD BEEN LIVING AT MY OTHER HOUSE FOR 28 YEARS SO IT IS A BIG CHANGE . I LOVE WHERE I AM LIVING NOW , BUT AT THE SAME TIME IT SEEMS LIKE DIFFERENT LOCATION SAME CIRCUMSTANCES ! MAYBE IM JUST NOT LOOKING AT THE BIGGER PICTURE !

• 23 posts
    June 28, 2016 12:16 AM EDT
    Looking back on my life is where I can see the changes I have gone through. Mostly the bigger ones and where I am now with Christ in my life.
    I had no idea that the good and bad times in the past landed me with open eyes to what God had revealed to me but in order to see His enduring love and forgiveness I had to go through the rebellious years and literally hit rock bottom. I always thought I had a survivor's mind set and glimpse of hearing of Him was something I never fully understood.
    My boss once asked me if I had accepted Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. I knew he is a Christian but I wasn't at the time. That question was so unexpected and my answer was too. I replied...."I know he can save souls". No one ever asked me that question before and I started to get curious.
    Shortly after I accepted Christ and learned to pray in a way I never knew I could and in time His responses has always been revealed to me through other people or answered by dreams that was as real as breathing. In other words, He made a permanent home in my heart. He had lot of renovation to do but the living conditions is so much better.

• 67 posts
    June 30, 2016 2:55 PM EDT

Thank you for sharing your story, Darlene :) I think I am still going through the "growing pains" phase, but I feel confident that the Lord is with us all. I think he has saved my life, literally, a few times now and I am ever grateful for that. I still have a lot of learning and growing to do, but I'm looking forward to it. I hope everyone is doing well in their own walks with the Lord. 

• 3 posts
    July 8, 2016 12:04 AM EDT

I thank God for my Bipolar disorder, it brought many awesome changes to my life. I am a person who instead of punishing herself for bein bad, to one that I love! I have made many changes in the way I interact w/ people. I now have relationships that are healthy and rewarding., rather then me taking from them, emotionally and spiritually. While I love myself, I know there is always ways to improve. So I want to continue learning and growing.