Forums » Testimonies

the night i was saved

• July 24, 2016 5:10 PM EDT

so it was during the winter of 1978 and 1979 there abouts . I just came out of an abusive relationship and living alone with my 4 yr old and my almost 1 yr old boys. one night as the boys slept i was watching tv that only got 3 channels. a ministry had come on and had nothing to do so i watched it. something about it was speaking to me to repent and ask Jesus into my heart. so i got down on my knees and prayed to God asking forgiveness of my sins, i then asked Jesus to come into my heart and life. i cried and felt so humbled. then as i was praying it was like a heavy weight came off my shoulders and i felt at peace. then my heart began to fill with so much Joy that i cried and smiled and knew this was coming from God. i had been saved by Grace and Mercy !! i thought that i finally understood what the phrase my cup runneth over meant. i was so happy and full of joy that i could hardly stand it. i never experienced happiness and joy before. so i was standing there and suddenly i felt like i was being hugged by angels i felt them all around  me hugging me which made feel even better. but it was when i felt Jesus hugging me , oh my gosh , it was unbelievable, i felt so much love coming into me. i never knew a pure love like that. this all happened very quickly and i just wanted to keep feeling all of this. finally i went to bed with a huge smile on my face and still feeling Jesus with me. i cried the whole time this occured. i woke up the next morning still reeling from the night before . i was so happy. my hubby came into my life and we were married on memorial day the 26th of May. God had brought us together and have been together since. i started reading my Bible and for the first time i understood it. See i was brought up Catholic ever since i was 7-8 yrs old i would get out my mother's big Bible and looked through it because it had pictures and it showed the Cruxifixion of Christ. i could read a little bit of it but pictures stood out and i understood it. i fell in love with Jesus. it hurt my heart what these people had done to Jesus, i knew it was wrong but i didn't understand why. over the years i loved going to church with my mother and sister. when i was 16 i stopped going to church. i began my search for God and Jesus. i went to different churches and searched i wanted to understand why people loved Jesus so much i wanted to be part of what was happening. by the time i finished high school i stopped searching and my life took a differrent path of sin and pregnacy. the brutal loss of my father. a baby and bad relationships ensued. bad things happened in my life because of my choices being bad. so the night i was saved by God's Grace and Mercy it set me free of my bad choices and sins . it was a night i will never ever forget. to be hugged by Jesus and angels was incredible . here i had been searching for God and i found him . maybe he found me. i've have had a special relationship with Jesus and it was very spiritual. now i need to get back to that relationship and send the evil one out of my life again. i hope my testimony touches you as it has blessed me so much. thank you for reading my testimony. 

• 3 posts
    August 16, 2016 1:09 PM EDT

I was blessed! I feel like we are growing closer together as friends! Thanks for sharing!

Linda

• 275 posts
    August 16, 2016 1:30 PM EDT

Praise God, thank you for your beautiful testimony, Louise <3!