Forums » Testimonies

Overcome

• 11 posts
    October 10, 2017 11:18 AM EDT

Around this time last year my husband and I were faced with DCF. The counselor that my oldest son was seeing reported my husband to the Department of Children and families. We were faced with phone calls, pop ups to the kids schools and interviews and appointments from DCF. During this time our family was broken. My husband and son were barely speaking, I had to pretend that everything was normal to give my other three children (from my husband) a sense of normality. I remember finding it so hard and emotional to pray during this time. We all have disciplined our children to an extent but to say that we are abusing our children that was a whole different ball game and we don't play that sport. We went to the interview together my husband and I and we sat with a case worker. This woman must have been put in place by God because she interviewed us and the kids and told us that she doesn't even see any signs of abuse, the kids are saying that we love them and we take care of them. I thought to myself a caseworker is taking our side. Once the home visit was complete, she than closed our case out. I am sharing this testimony to say this, no family is perfect. No individual is blameless but God is perfect and keeping Him first will allow you and your family to never be last.

I thought that I was going to lose my entire family and that my children were going to be seperated but by God's grace, we are still a family of six today. My son and husband are closer than ever, there is a respect there. There is a calm and peaceful atmospher in our home now. I am so beyond grateful to God and wanted to share this in hopes of it giving encouragement to someone who may be facing a battle to move forward through it. God is in it with you and will be waiting for you on the other side. YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS!!!

God bless you!

• 275 posts
    October 10, 2017 11:29 AM EDT

What a wonderful testimony, Lasheika! I know that must have been horrible, and so glad about how God has brought you through this <3!

• 11 posts
    October 10, 2017 11:39 AM EDT

It was one of the worst things that has happened, but I knew that if God allowed it that He would bring me through. God is so amazing! <3