Forums » Testimonies

INTERVENTION

• 19 posts
    September 12, 2022 2:59 PM EDT
    Daryl Page said:

Dear Sister Janet Sorensen . Idk to reach you other then here. So I’m leaving a message her I have been praying for you  I just was wondering if there’s anything else I could pray for? Also was wondering if your having any brake through with you Chronic Pain. I didn’t want you to think id forget you after your posts Anyone I see has a specific health needs I try to remember them and to let them know there’s one more person out there praying for you/them. Blessings One Love PD

Hi Daryl, I think I am doing a somewhat better but I don't want to say it too loud or the devil might hear me! Thank you so much for the prayers. I have had a feeling I was being prayed for. I'm trying really hard to work more hours and make more money with my writing, and it seems to be working as I had applied for disability but now I'm making way too much to qualify. It isn't always easy. I have a pretty complicated physical and mental health history. I'm just trying to get my daughter raised (she's 18 but you know that isn't all that grown up especially since the pandemic slowed everything down) and not put too much of a burden on my longsuffering husband! Also my mom is 90, and my brother and sister and I are not getting along too well in trying to meet her needs. I am the youngest and it doesn't seem to matter that I am 58 now! I am still the "baby"! lol I love them tho. I love what you are doing here. It reminds me of "prayer and testimony" meetings we used to have on Wednesdays when I was growing up. I think we need to share more of our experiences and try to build up each other's faith. I have a story to tell about when I was 22 and had a "crazy" gut feeling that saved my life. It is kind of long so I will save it for another time! Love and thanks!

• September 12, 2022 3:05 PM EDT
    Rod Fortner said:
    Wow! What a powerful testimony, Craig! Thanks for sharing!
    Craig Mondello said:

Blessed be the GOD and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. This is not the beginning of things but I thought I would share what I just realized that today marked the 2nd anniversary of the Lord showing me that "death" truly has no sting whatsoever through a major heart attack. I will try to be as in depth as I can . . . August 21st 2020 as I was finishing folding laundry at the hotel I was staying at in Bossier City, LA. for a  multi year project inspecting B-52 Bombers the USAF it had been a long week of dealing with chest pains, could not eat without pain later in the evening and keeping me up all night with no sleep and what felt like constant indigestion. I sat down after folding clothes looking at the television for a minute until all of sudden it felt like a sledge hammer with a running head start slammed into my chest. Not knowing what to do and hesitant to make the call for help, I jumped into the shower to try to relive pain but as soon as the hot water hit the chest, the chest folded . . . it was time to make the call. So, I called down to the help desk to call 911. The call was made and God bless Mr. Don the maintenance supervisor (who later discovered he too had the same thing a year before myself) rushed upstairs to my room with blankets to keep me warm and to make sure I would be alright until the paramedics arrived. Once they arrived they were able to confirm it was a heart attack. They ran vitals and began to administer nitro except the nitro barely touched the attack and needless to say all the way to the hospital and while in the ER I was eating nitro as if there was no tomorrow but to not much avail due to the fact that (and I'm jumping ahead) I had a very healthy heart for a then 52 year old but had 100% blockage just at the junction of the LAD and the irony was that I was working out 6-7 days a week and had a very healthy diet go figure. I was in the ER for a while as there was a delay getting the cath lab ready due to a busy day and it was late at night. I began going in and out of conscience and the ER staff was becoming more concerned to the point they made the decision to start to head up as we running out of time that I was not going to make it. This was at the point where GOD really showed me who HE was (not the first in my life though) As they rushed me out into the hall it was pure panic and chaos until I saw the light mounted in the ceiling. Keep in mind these were LEDs and bright however, the light became as brilliant, bright and as crystal clear beyond what our human minds could comprehend and everything slowed completely down, the sound disappeared then the most unimaginable peace took over and while staring at the light I could see His presence lean down from Heaven over me and as He leaned down, out of the periphery vision I could literally see death and sin move out the picture and the gasping for air and breath suddenly stopped and I have never felt so good, so relaxed and pain free as I did in that moment. At that point I looked up and said to GOD "If you want to take me now, I am okay with it because I know you have my family and they are in good hands." As soon as I said this . . . the panic and chaos resumed as I was at the elevator to go up to the cath lab. While having the procedure to insert the stent into the heart, as soon as the stent puncture the blockage and blood flowed once again, I could have jumped off the table as if nothing happened and was good to go. I would like to point out that the entire time this was happening I was at ease for the most part for GOD was with me the entire time telling me constantly "Do not fear, you are not going to die." but instead this was not about a heart attack for a testimony yes it would be great, but this was about something much much more enormous to put it mildly. The testimony and what He wanted to show me was this and it is the one thing we all fear the most: If you are in Christ and Christ is in you and hear me very clearly not I but the Lord says this "YOU WILL NOT EXPERIENCE DEATH" once again "YOU WILL NOT EXPERIENCE DEATH". This was the whole point and what He wanted to show me that as He was leaning down to my presence I was not dying, I was coming alive!!! The closer He came the more ALIVE I was beginning to come! I watched death and sin and my pain disappear out of the picture. Satan wants us all believing that death is inevitable and immanent for the condemned yes, but for those who are His and are not perishing the body will die but not YOU and you are leaving the body and are no longer aware of it because you are coming alive. So do not fear death as He had to take me through this to show me I was His and that death would not affect me and this is why He says in His word one for every day of the year "DO NOT FEAR." There is no reason for it He overcame it and took the keys away . . . Oh death, where is your sting?! This is the hope we have in Him, Christ died for us so that we might live He finished it on the cross and this is the finished work that we can rest in Him, it is done, it is over, period. Live for Him without fear, praise Him, pray and talk to Him, Sing to Him, worship Him, make Him the focus of your life. Yes, you will still have troubles in this life but you will look at it with a totally different perspective knowing He loves you and will guard you. Give it to Him and be at rest for He overcomes them, the battle is His and He already finished it. There IS no more sting . . .

• September 12, 2022 3:15 PM EDT

Oh, Craig, what a testimony, all I can say is "praise the Lord most high", I'm honored to call you my brother in Christ Jesus! I'll be 71 this year, and I wish I had the time to tell of my many encounters with my Lord and God, going back all the way to Germany and back to the United States, still amazed by the fact that HE would reach out to sinful me, and when I finally have time I'll record my many encounters with Him! But, I'm still so very active right now, next to taking care of my ill and somewhat disabled husband, also, still involved with Home Health Care going out and taking care of the elderly and shut-in's as long as the Lord wills it, as long as I'm able to point them to the Lord! Well, blessings upon you and yours, your sister Liesel  "Numbers 6:24-26"

• 459 posts
    September 12, 2022 4:25 PM EDT

Ms Liesel. I agree Craig is a awesome GOD Centered man. Also it is a honor to call him friend and Brother. That being said in under 175 words and two numbers You said more things about how one that loves the/our LORD joins HIM what an amazing amount of ministering to so many diverse people who really are in need of LOVE. That’s where you shine. As Ministers of the LORD it often takes a heavy toll on us. You sure have encouraged me to step up my game. Lastly but my main point. It’s a HONOR to call you my Sister in the LORD. Blessings One Love PD

• September 15, 2022 10:29 PM EDT

Thank you Liesel and Daryl for the kind words. It's not I at all but what the Lord does through me (and anyone else he chooses and who chooses Him) that makes it GOD centered and to GOD be all the glory. The more you surrender and commit your life in whole to the Lord and begin to walk in His ways, the more you shun the worldly ways and begin to thirst for Him more and more, the more He commits to you and lifts you up. It's really an amazing thing to see. You begin to see the change and you begin to see in the natural GOD working in your life and your faith begins to grow. I guess the best way I can put it is you have to whole heartedly let Jesus take the wheel, let go of this world and be great with it. Just like when Peter stepped out of the boat and walked on water that's the whole metaphor for our lives. So, when Peter looked down and sank was just like when we turn our eyes and thoughts away from GOD back onto this world we begin to sink again until we recommit back to GOD. The longer period of time we commit to Him, the better it gets, that's how we grow from spiritual milk to the meat of His word. Believe me when I say I am nothing special just a wretched man in the flesh . . . To GOD be ALL the glory!

• September 15, 2022 10:57 PM EDT
    Liesel aka Lisa Wardle said:

Oh, Craig, what a testimony, all I can say is "praise the Lord most high", I'm honored to call you my brother in Christ Jesus! I'll be 71 this year, and I wish I had the time to tell of my many encounters with my Lord and God, going back all the way to Germany and back to the United States, still amazed by the fact that HE would reach out to sinful me, and when I finally have time I'll record my many encounters with Him! But, I'm still so very active right now, next to taking care of my ill and somewhat disabled husband, also, still involved with Home Health Care going out and taking care of the elderly and shut-in's as long as the Lord wills it, as long as I'm able to point them to the Lord! Well, blessings upon you and yours, your sister Liesel  "Numbers 6:24-26"

I bet that would be a lot of amazing encounters you have to tell!

I know what you mean, I am still a road grinder and blessed to be traveling and still working a lot soon to be 54 in a few months. We go where the Lord leads, amen.

• 459 posts
    September 16, 2022 9:42 AM EDT

Craig Mondello.Thank you for your powerful words of great humility. It’s no wonder GOD works with you in a so powerful ways. It’s not often as a man and Pastor do I see such devotion to our LORD. Most men think GOD the Church (setting as they misunderstand the Church) and of course the Bible are for them strictly for woman and children idk all the reasons NONE Valid Sadly for most every man will stand in front of the one (LORD) they been denying and HE will deny them n cast them into lake of fire. So you my brother are what the Bible says you are a peculiar person. We are also called Children of GOD also a Royal Priesthood don’t forget Co heirs to the Kingdom. I so get the humbleness and GOD can use men like you son powerfully in KINGDOM BUILDING. I for many years of serving HIM considered in the main scheme of bings I was just a nobody (casting crowns has a great tune “I’m Just A Nobody” check it out sounds much like you. That said I’m Harvey into GRACE n I try to remember how our FATHER sees us (perfect as HE sees us I like to say through the eyes of CHRIST but more accurately through the blood of CHRIST. It gives me a deeper love for HIM I still stay humble but now I feel stronger as I grow into GRACE. Much like you point if I choose to follow HIm HEcwill choose me to join HIM. (I’d refer you to the 7 ways to build a relationship of love with HIM it’s in testimonial page) I so enjoy your testimony’s n Ms Liesel I am looking so forward to the ways GOD brought you out of Germany and gave you to us. Thus all the amazing things you do to further the KINGDOM. Both you n Craig are KINGDOM BUILDERS. Craig. I had a shirt made for me many years back. It read. GOD is my pilot. JESUS is my co pilot The HOKY SPIRIT is my navigator. I’m just the passenger. TY both for coming back. Peace Joy Mercy n Grace are my prayers for you both. Again TY both for posting. Blessings One Love PD

• 459 posts
    September 18, 2022 10:15 AM EDT

INTERVENTION 

THE BEGINNING

So this story starts back in February 14 1970 That-was the day of my salvation. Being I came up .through the traditional Baptist ways. I didn’t know the HOLY SPRIT would.talk to me. So within a month I innocently asked what would HE have me to be Just that fast He said you will a Pastor. We were taught not to talk to the HS. We actually call the HS it not HIM. So to have HIM answer took me by surprise. Both with the fact HE spoke but the answer was extremely concerning I couldn’t read only at 3rd grade level. I was petrified to even give a report in front of the class and those were usually about five minutes long. I never seem to ever get to that five minutes I will prepare for 10 minutes but it took about three minutes. So immediately I begin to explain to him the deficiencies that I had. Although I did not hear another word from him no matter how much I protested. So I took public speaking in a drama class just in case I heard him correctly   No fast forward to the year 1997. For about six months the people surrounding me trying to convince me it was time for me to step out and become a pastor. I knew what my calling was but no hurry to get there. Then finally we had to part ways and decide that we would leave but we had no place to go  That being said I was still very reluctant to go. But I had no place in which we were going to be able to meet 15 kids that wanted to go with me and several adults. And one of the people who left with me had picked up a building across the street from the Methodist Church. I was sitting with Susanna. We were talking about what to do next. That’s when she told me that I could use her building if I decided to start the ministry. I still was quite apprehensive. Then I had left to go home n do my Bible study and pray about it. I’m at home and I did my Bible study for that day. Mind you I was doing studies every day, however the day before I had missed my study. I know when I was about to read if I would’ve read it the day before it would’ve meant nothing to me. When I read it that Friday it spoke to me in volumes. This is one of the ways that the Lord speaks to us predominantly the Bible i’m actually doing a testimonial on the Waze that the Lord built a relationship with us one of which he uses the Bible to speak to us. Anyway the verses were from Romans where it spoke of how can they learn unless somebody was sent. It also talked about the feet of those who prepare the gospel how precious that is. So I went back and sit down and talk to Susanna about what I had just read, seem like a confirmation. But again I am still quite reluctant to take this step, seems like everybody else has much more confidence in me than I did she kept telling me Daryl it’s time. I said to her I only have one request if we are to start this together. That we call ourselves the Light House Ministries. At that moment she broke down and started crying. I asked what the problem. She says there is no problem I don’t know if you know it or not but my husband is a captain who is in charge of driving those big freighters in the ocean. She said  I asked him today if he would build me a Light  House so I can put it out front that would be confirmation number two on the same day. But again I seem to be as thick as a brick. But later on in the afternoon young man came by and asked us what we were doing. I told.him some of the things that we were doing one of which was to start a ministry. He then begin to tell us of a ministry that he belong to you 15 years earlier. . I asked him what the name of the place that he was worshiping at the time. He said it’s no longer was in existence however when it was it was called Light House Ministries. That was my third confirmation Being a baseball player the number three has a significant meaning to me. So I was at that point when I told Susanna that we would meet later on in the evening with the kids. By the way the date the LORD had us start The ministry was February 14, 1997. It took 27 years for the Lord to get me in the place where he could use me to be a KINGDOM BUILDER. My future wife Karen (who’d I’d been dating since 1989) had perfected a sports ministry that we had been using for a few years to help build other churches up At the time I was  working for YFC. Susanna said if we wanted we could use that ministry to build the Light House   We met at Susanna‘s place for about two hours That’s  was when we first went out to look for a place to stay. We found it our self it was definitely a God thing. So we stayed there for two years before we got the place That the LORD told me to pull over. In this case God intervened by closing all the doors where I had become comfortable. Likely because I was real close to becoming complacent. So when all the doors are closed you have to look for the open door. I had mentioned before that I had a told you of a Christian witness wear shirt  that I created. It read GOD The FATHER is my pilot JESUS is my copilot the Holy Spirit is my navigator I’m just a passenger. Another words when they pulled over I get out and do what they showed me Then I get back in the jet and move to my next assignment . I never wanted to drive I never wanted to be copilot and I surely didn’t want to try to navigate all I want to do is be there passenger.i probably could have started the ministry a few months earlier. I just didn’t think I was ready. The thing is One can never really be ready to be a pastor. GOD  often times almost all the time creates the person for the job not the job for the person. I knew for 27 years what he told me I would be I just wanted to make sure that I was fully ready to step into this office call pastor. However God knows more than we do. We’d like to think we know about ourselves pretty well yet the word says HE knows us before we were conceived. Which means God knows us much more intimately than we know ourselves. He knows when we should be moving forward. The thing is in my humble opinion if GOD had called you to do something it will come to pass weather you are already in favor for it at the time or you’re not in favor of it at the time. GODS timing cannot be disregarded. This was a different way forgot to intervene looking back I do not think it was another time when all the doors were closed before he opened up another one. We all matured therefore we were looking for the doors that were opening before the door closed behind us. It was a way to increase our faith. He exponentially increased it when two years later we found exact building that we needed in the exact place with the exact price that we needed with all the area we needed for parking here for kids. Now today look where this is taking me. I am a pastor that is allowed to volunteer in the school system as a Pastor. Even down here in Florida that is a pretty unique position/opportunity being in the school helped us to develop B-RARE and nine years later B-RARE 101 our Faith Based after school program. Over the years that we have been there close to 150 children have been saved. Blessings. One. Love. PD

This post was edited by Daryl Page at September 22, 2022 9:56 PM EDT
    • 459 posts
    September 22, 2022 10:44 PM EDT

INTERVENTION 

Guatemala. You Are Here 

We were in our end of our first year of Lighthouse. When I was approached to go on a missionary trip to Guatemala. I had no desire whatsoever to go outside the United States. I actually did not see any necessity to leave my community is there was so much work to be done there. However I did ask my mentor Conrad Beton he was also my supervisor while I was working for YFC. I truly expected him to say stay home and continue to minister to your area. I was astonished when he said you need to go on a missionary trip. Missionary trips will give you a whole different vision of how GOD works, also a great appreciation of how GOD accomplishes things outside one’s comfort zone. I was five weeks out from having to meet everybody in Dallas Texas. I still had no desire to go to another country. So I did with any person who didn’t want to do something would do and that is called procrastination. I literally waited seven business days from having to leave Before I went down and got a passport. This is the first INTERVENTION on this missionary trip. When I turned in the paperwork the lady behind the desk asked when do you need this by and I told her by next week. She assured me that there was no way possible even if I paid extra for this passport would get back in one week. So I’m feeling pretty good about not having to go. That is until five days later I get a call from the passport agency. She informed me my passport is in. Well I went to to pick it up begrudgingly, when she gave it to me she noticed what the date when it was applied for. She inquired what was thieves passport for  I told her it was for a missionary trip. She told me I better go because this is definitely a GOD thing. She said she’s been working there 25 years and never saw this happen before! Two days later I’m on my way to Guatemala. We were doing some medical relief missionary work where we would also give them the gospel as we waited for them to get their medication‘s or prescriptions. Our fourth day out we had gone way out into the country. All I remember was high mountains really really skinny roads hairpin turns  Our second day there at 4 o’clock we are decided to go for a walk. Who are fearless leader William on our little walk. Just before we left we were reminded that we needed to be back by 5 o’clock. It is a custom that you need to be on time for meals when somebody is catering to you. Actually that’s just really being polite. After 20 minutes we had no left the small road that went through the middle of the village down to the lake. We were now getting into smaller and smaller ally ways. At 4:30 I asked William do you know where we are? He said I think so but I’m not sure. So we followed him for another five minutes. When he stops and turns and says I don’t know where we are. We have exactly 25 minutes to get back For dinner and we’ve already walked for 35. About this time we had emptied out into a huge field probably thousands of acres. When everybody was getting anxious about what we were going to do because we didn’t want to cause any problems for our pastor that was leading the medical relief team. I told everybody we probably should pray and ask for guidance. After all the Holy Spirit did guide Jesus into the wilderness. He also equipped him to get out of the wilderness. So we prayed and I suggesting we should walk towards the shore and try to follow that around till we get to Our village. After 10 minutes of walking we saw a building way out in the middle of the field. This will be INTERVENTION number two. We walk up to the building and realized  it has not been used probably for 30 or 40 years. We walked up to it and we see written in English. “You are here”(x). This  is where you need to be “(X)  plus the exact path that we needed to take to get back there. We took the path we ended up right in front of our building with three minutes to spare. Maybe that does seem odd to you. I would think it was more than odd I would think that probably somebody was exaggerating. However when you put GOD in the equation it makes perfect sense a Spanish speaking country with the building sitting 40 years just happens to have on the side of the building just what we needed. I just want to bring to your remembrance if you have seen or read any of the testimonial I’m doing on the seven ways GOD build relationship with us. One of the things that I wanted to stress is that GOD is always working around us. Well I don’t know this how long the writing was there it may have been there 40 years it may have just been put there 10 minutes before we got there. One may laugh about that one too However in the time I will share other testimonies with you were literally The LORD did something on request immediately.

Blessings  I pray that when you read this this post that it will encourage you that no matter how difficult your situation may be GOD is already working within those circumstances. If that becomes your natural thought process then you will see things that you have never expected to see in ways that you never anticipated seeing. I started this off Testimonial INTERVENTION I had told you that I had gone to a father-son banquet and there was a missionary there who told me that if you follow the LORD you will see things that nobody else is ever seen and experience GOD  in ways most believers will never do.  
     Thank You All for Your support in reading and posting here. It’s been a very moving experience  to see so much activity. Blessings One Love PD

This post was edited by Daryl Page at September 24, 2022 10:43 AM EDT
    • 459 posts
    September 26, 2022 9:43 AM EDT

INTERVENTION 

STOP THE RAIN 

Before I post this INTERVENTION I want you bring to your remembrance that I have two other testimonials. One I want to focus on real quickly is seven ways to understand GOD. Specifically want to address one of the five ways in which GOD speaks to us. The BIBLE. In the Bible we have theology we have history we have prophecy past and present. Remember when Jesus came back from the dead HE said all powers give it to me and have an earth. Then when HE Left HE passed that AUTHORITY to us. Actually in the garden Adam and Eve were given complete dominion over the earth. Shortly to follow was the fall of man through sin. Now that Jesus is taking care of that sin problem He can reinstate our AUTHORITY. There are so many areas in our life that we have AUTHORITY over that we have long forgotten, or for most of us actually never learned.  OK so here’s where I tell you everything together in the Old Testament Elijah prayed and it stopped raining for three years. He prayed again in the rain came back. It’s definitely something that happened the question is was that a one off or was it example of things that we also have authority/power over   For most of my adult life and actually all of my adult life down here in Florida I have started owned and ran a lawn business. I had a person that has been helping me for several years. At this point in time I’m not at liberty to give you the name of this person. However this person and I got caught up into a fight online website the posed itself is a Christian website. However their theology was terribly off. One of the things that this site promoted what is that we must call our LORD JESUS Yeshua. This person had bought into the fact that JESUS  would not answer us nor could save us unless we called him by his Old Testament name.  They were plenty of other things that were wrong with that meticulous site. So after four days of rain we went out to work. My new and it’s raining out get in the van I pray like I always do and I ask JESUS if he would stop the rain where it was that we would have to work during the day. I told this person that we have authority over the weather I know you’re gonna laugh about that, that’s only because you’ve never actually tried it if you did you didn’t believe it would work, or you would be laughing about it. Yes we got further and further out closer to the place that we had to make a first stop it just started raining harder and harder the person in the van was smiling almost laughing. Yep same time the enemy was testing me. I was going to have to make a turn and drive 2 miles to cut our first lawn. I remember thinking maybe I should just turn around and go home. That’s one I heard by LORD say so you prayed for something and you’re claiming it because you seen it in the Scriptures however you’re not gonna drive over there to find out whether or not I will stop the rain. One thing I did not do was ask GOD to to deprive anybody of rain just to postpone it until I got my work done as we pull up to the job the skies open up the sunshines we just finished up the lawn and put everything back in the truck in the beginning to rain again I still had two more stops to make that day. As we had it for the second stop it just rain harder and harder this time I didn’t waver I just told the person in the van will stop raining when we get there. It did exactly for the half an hour that I asked GOD related to finish up that lawn. Oh my next job was about 5 miles away it was just getting darker and darker and darker and more rain we almost couldn’t even see where you were going as we came up to the area where I was going to have to turn into the complex I was again thinking maybe I would just bypass this one. However I still had a point to make to the person that was in this van that JESUS would answer prayers that seem impossible. However this time would be different because of my doubts   The LORD told me that this time we would pull up to the job but it would take exactly 10 minutes for the rain to stop we would have exactly 30 minutes to finish and then it would rain. I reminded that person in the van that Elijah had done this. We had already done it twice/actually the LORD did it on my request to show this person who I cared for deeply that they were wrong in their theology. I told my helper what GOD said. I was met with a look of sarcasm. We pulled up I got my watch out and started counting down the minutes, but it seemed every minute that went by the rain just got stronger. Like that was this or do you think this is really going to happen? My answer was GOD told me it would so therefore it will. Exactly on the 10 minute mark the rain stop jumped out finished up the lawn exactly in a half an hour it started to rain as we were loading up the truck. Sadly the person in that van never did see the connection. That’s not necessarily my problem is I was able to make this person accountable, and for me my face was increased by the mirror fact of GOD stopping the rain not for 3 years but rather 3x in four hour period. Perhaps I will share with you in the future how prayer weather cycles/systems were changed. I do want you to remember when I started this testimonial out that there would be things that I would share a quite possibly others which are also seem to be impossible to the point that it would seem that the person/in this case me/was at the very least Taking liberties on his story or just extremely exaggerated. Trust me there will be things that I will speak of that will be hard to believe. Again I want to remind you of the beginning of this post where I said my father and I had gone to a banquet in the missionary said if you serve God you will see and experience things NO one else has seen. This is predominantly the reason I started  INTERVENTION so people could see the amazing things they could or have experienced. So they to can e encouraged to step out in a place JESUS calls Great Faith. Hopefully it will encourage others to pause your experiences here also Hopefully it will encourage others to post their  experiences here also.

Blessings to all who have read this today. I pray you find your Faith will increase and you to will see/experience things only GOD wants you to see. Blessings One Love PD

• 27 posts
    September 26, 2022 10:17 AM EDT

Daryl, thank you for this post! Living in Florida all my life I have been through many hurricanes. Namely, Andrew in 1992 which was a Cat. 5, when I lived in Cooper City. I did not even lose power where I lived and no damage. God provided for me and my family with protection and provision. As a child I lived in Miami in a small A-frame wooden home. I can remember watching a hurricane topple our swing set and blow it across the back yard. We did not have hurricane shutters, only put down the awnings. Our jalousie windows did not even have a covering on them! All was well in every storm we faced! Praise God He always protects us!

• 459 posts
    September 26, 2022 1:10 PM EDT

My Dear Sister Lynn. I was down here for Andrew. We lost power but no damage either. That was my first hurricane. Guess GOD gave me the worst first. After that things should have been easier LoL. One of my topics will be on hurricanes n the power/authority we can have over nature. Hint JESUS calmed a storm (that in that area the wind comes down off the mountain range across the sea it can be equated to Cat 1 hurricane) You will be able to attest to what I will tell. You may not have know the length of time Yet once brought to your memory you can testify This is so GOD like. Two people who only few months ago became acquainted Then I moved to a city Hollywood that you lived in and just few blocks from where you lived You stayed in Fl n will add credibility to a narrative very few would believe n even with you verification they would have to stretch their FAITH way beyond comfort zone. Once again in my topic 7 ways to understand GOD. #4 way GOD speaks to us is n circumstances. All this speaks loudly CIRCUMSTANCES! Idk when I’ll share that one but it wont be to long. Many of GODS INTERVENTIONS in my life have wat I consider been on a whole other plain idk if I’d quantify it as Super Natural Yet many I can’t explain as things that happened to me when I was barely functioning as a Christian. Actually I’d been mistaken for a Christian. It wasn’t till I got into ministry that things I couldn’t explain happened Ok ramble over. Thx for sharing your testimony. I do so appreciate you my Dear Friend n Sister Lynn. I’ll catch up with you soon. I especially am grateful as you’ve posted twice now I believe if this is first then I’m thanking you for your next post. Blessings One Love PD

• 459 posts
    October 1, 2022 9:30 PM EDT

INTERVENTION 

DON’T GO

I am not sure what the date was, but I do remember the day. It was Saturday. Actually it was Saturday evening. I just got done winning a softball tournament. It was about 7:30 PM on mine friend Mark stopped by. He told me he wanted me to go with him to a questionable type bar. There were two girls that were going to meet us at my house and we’re going to go from there. Mind you I am only 16 years old at the time. The drinking age was 21 to get in you needed to be 18. After going back-and-forth a little bit with Mark on this he convinced me that he had a friend that would get me in. So we were waiting for Chris n Sue and we’d be off. The plan was for me to go with the girls and Mark to go by himself. To throw my parents off as very little chance of my parents let me leave with Mark They knew Mark and I would find trouble. Besides I’d have to be home by midnight when with Mark. However dad n mom would let me go to the (wink wink) the movies then early breakfast Also I had to go to or place of worship tomorrow. The girls came by after Mark left. I was in the driveway talking to Sue. She had just bought a Chevy Vega a few weeks ago. Here’s the thing I’d been with theM before I’d sit in the back where I could lean forward and talk between the bucket seats. Just as I started to get in I heard the LORD say DON’T GO. It’s hard being 16 n all your friends are 18-25 years old. There’s so much peer pressure (totally my perspective) I then to them I wasn’t gonna go. They were upset cause it was supposed to be the 4 of us. Anyway a bit embarrassed I just bowed out as graceful as possible. They left. The next morning we were at Sunday school but neither of the girls were there. That’s when our teacher told us they had a terrible accident and both were very serious condition. I left to go look at the car. Then it dawned on me something I should have picked upon when I heard accident When I looked at the car they hit a tree and split the car totally in half. Rite between the bucket seats. It really didn’t matter where I would have sat. As I would have been dead. The only question how bad of condition I’d been in. Starring at the car barely making out the  type car it was   As if it wasn’t relevant and I was wrapping my head around the past 12 hours. GOD said do you understand why I stopped you. Of course I do now. Then He expressed two things. 1) I needed to be familiar with that voice. The voice of PRESENTATION as I need it in my future. 2) HE reminded me that just two years earlier when I asked HE spoke. HE said you will be a PASTOR. This is why I needed to keep you out of that car. I would become very familiar with that voice. As there would be times both in Ministry n my secular life I wouldn’t be here otherwise. I’m working on a topic about 7 ways to know GOD. One way is HIM developing a relationship so special ( in my way as HE communicates with us in each of our special ways) There are times I sense other times it’s encouraging loving caring. Other times warnings ect We must develop that intimate relationship GOD wants so we can be close to the center of HIS will That wasn’t even my first possible close call. I’d already come close to dying several times earlier in my life. As I prepared to share this I did a quick count of times I coulda shoulda woulda died it’s basically one time every two years. Now that is average. I’ e only had handful the past 20 years. So ya young n dumb 

The future I’ll share with you times my lifestyle should have killed me I struggle with that. I’m sure we all do at one time or another. When we are not even close to being involved with KINGDOM work Another words rebellious living. Much like the Prodigal Son Topic I’m posting on testimonies I was living for fun self n self n more fun. My point is if your still inside the first 5 steps of decent into the Abyss you can still hear from GOD. (I’d refer you to the post) So here’s my paradox. Even though GOD has made it clear about one’ who’s beyond backsliding kinda checked out HE still intervenes This absolutely doesn’t mean HE condones one’s actions that are contrary to HIS ways Yet HE still is a prayer away. If there’s not time for prayer it’s ok cause HES omnipresent n intervenes at speed of recognition. I only bring it up as I will share times where GOD was there even in my darkest hours. Idk when I’ll be back again. 

Remember to keep our country in prayer. I know I’ve few people in this ministry that lived up in the direct hit area. It may be quite awhile to find everyone. Please keep Pastor T in prayer as he will very likely be engaged in all types of supporting roles for the Ministry and his community n connections. Wisdom Knowledge Great Compassion especially the promise of the right words for the circumstances you are in. Blessings One Love PD

• 459 posts
    October 4, 2022 4:51 PM EDT

INTERVENTION 

WE ARE GOING TO BE ROBBED. 

Many years ago after my missionary trip to Guatemala, I was invited to go to Haiti on a missionary trip with a few friends of mine from another ministry. Seeing that you had already did the Guatemala thing and it worked out well I actually liked it, I enthusiastically said yes. This was back just after the overthrow of Aristide. So there was a lot of turmoil in the country at that time. One awesome thing about showing up as a missionary from America. Is it everybody coming to see you in a different light. Do you know we are from America they know America is a country that is blessed by GOD. Do people have a deep reverence for GOD as well as those of us who come into ministry. Often when we would go places the people who are just wonderful people wanted to touch us. I didn’t really understand why until I prayed about it. And then I was reminded of the lady with the issue of blood. Also my remembrance was brought to you when Peter was walking down the road and people were trying to just touch the hem of his garment knowing that they would be healed. Then I kind of really understood the magnitude as well as the honor it was to be a KINGDOM BUILDER. Our first day there we had to go way out into the country to meet with a pastor who had a small congregation back in the bush. As we got outside of town there was a main road not very much traffic on it, no real houses or anything in the area. It was more of a connecting road Then it was a road that people lived on. 2 miles into the trip down this four-lane highway we came up over a hill in about a quarter mile away we saw close to 50 to 75 men blocking the road. Immediately the pastor told us we are going to be robbed. This was some want concerning to me. For one thing we were told never carry your wallet with your ID money or passport with you. It all kind of makes common sense because if somebody takes your passport You’re not getting out of that country. If they steal all your money you’re not getting all that country. There was no way to turn around and leave to go back to the city is in a rearview mirror we saw probably 20 to 30 men block off the road so we could t go back. This was also at a time when we were kidnapping pretty much anybody from America. They would send home for a ransom if it was paid you were released most of the time if it wasn’t paid well you can figure out the rest. At this point my thought is Between us we didn’t have five dollars. When they kidnap people they were asking for anywhere between 5000 and $50,000 per person I’m thinking you’re not gonna be happy with five dollars. I’m also thinking man do we need God to intervene right now. Once we got off to the part of the road that was blocked off our car was immediately surrounded by by 10 young men. I could see a few of them had a gun but it wasn’t being exposed or flashed around. However on the side of the road probably 15 feet away for the rest of the crew who had semi automatic Riot guns. Those they were not trying to hide. They definitely want us to know that there would be a cost to get any further. Once they had stopped the car had told us we were going to have to pay a fee for maintaining the highway. What they did was found a pothole and put a bag of cement in it. It wasn’t even mixed it was just a bag of cement and a pool in the road and that one’s their way of maintaining the road to make it safe for people to travel. Inside I was laughing thinking how humorous this is that they want to make sure the road is safe to drive on at the same time they were going to rob us with guns, so the whole safety thing to me didn’t make a lot of sense. We roll the window down to talk to the leader at least of the crew that was on the road and he said that we were going to have to pay a toll.   Unbeknownst to us this tall was going to be directly connected to whatever it was that we were doing in their country. Another words if we were doing construction or farming etc. etc. we would be worth a lot of money to them. I wasn’t sure how much they were going to charge for three pastors. Once asked we gave them the information and told them that we were pastors. I the man who was running the whole show standing at the side of the road added to his man who is talking to us. At that moment I don’t really know how old is things going to turn out but the one thing I do know is that I prefer to be alive at the end of this still not understanding or comprehending how that’s going to happen. Once they found out we were pastors our feet for the three of us was one American dollar. How awesome is that we will worth probably $50,000 to them if they wanted to kidnap us but because we were pastors they charged a dollar. I don’t very seriously have ever had anything to do with us as being pastors as much as it did that we were doing GODS work. I guess they did not want to take a chance on upsetting GOD. We paid a dollar praise the Lord on to the village and spend some time in fellowship and in ministering to the people we came back home it was close to midnight as we were approaching the area that we had been pulled over earlier in the day we were jokingly Wondering if they were still there, and if they were we’re going to get charged another dollar what was the price going to go up. As we pulled up we realized this was not even the same group, ironically/humorously the bag of cement with the same bag. Once they had stopped the car they asked what we were doing out that late at night. We told him where we had been and what we had done. Not really know much to expect, also the four dollars that we had left we had given that today pastor of the village that we went to. So we have no money to pay for anything. Looks like we’re going to be kidnapped! Once again I find myself asking GOD to intervene. Once again like he always does GOD showed up. And once we gave them the information on what we did or had done and we’re going to do it again they told us that we could pass for free puzzled my friend asked “why would you allow that. I’m thinking why are you asking that question. I figured Let’s talk more driving. Nevertheless the question was asked, the answer astonished me. First they said if you were here doing the work for GOD and we are not going to prevent you from any extra burden upon you. Secondly they told us that they knew we had come through earlier in the day and they were given orders to be respectful. So on that note our day had concluded we were pulled over twice we were robbed at gunpoint for a dollar. That in itself is kind of funny. And twice in that same day God showed up to protect us get us to where we needed to go and got us back home safely. We had heard that in the recent past people were actually kidnapped because they didn’t have enough money. We had also found out that one of the missionaries was killed because his family could not pay the fee to get him back. Being robbed at gun point was truly a high n yet low spot in time. Also that was near enough to a deadly situation I had no desire to go through anything like that again.   However in one of my next posts I’ll share with you a much more dangerous potentially deadly situation. It actually happed the next night coming back from another village way off the beaten track. It may not sound like much to you. Yet if you were riding in that car you may have seen it very differently. Needless to say I only had a very near death experience not personally experiencing death  I know cause I’m here today telling you the events that took place. Even after all that I went back again a few years later.  Looking back it was so worth the whole ordeal because over 100 people were saved in the two days we ministered to the villages.  
    I pray you never have to go through something like that. However I pray you do get a chance to go on a.missionary trip. Wen you go on missionary trips you are really stepping out in FAITH and depend absolutely on GOD. I hope to be back soon. If you desire leave a message here mostly TY for reading these posts. Blessings One Love PD

• 459 posts
    October 7, 2022 7:13 AM EDT

INTERVENTION 

WE SHOULD BE DEAD 

SEVERAL MONTHS AGO MY AC UNIT WENT OUT. WELL THERE ARE FIXERS N BREAKERS IN THIS WORLD SO I KNOW MY GIFT. IM A BREAKER. THEREFORE IVE LEARNED DONT TRY TO FIX ANYTHING. HENCE A HAVE A COMPANY THAT DOES MY AC AND ELECTRIC WORK. WHEN MY TECHNICIAN SHOWED UP HE TESTED FEW THINGS THE PROBLEM WAS MY COMPRESSOR. IT HAD GOT OVERHEATED AND SEIZED UP.  HE SAID A NEW ONE WILL COST $5000   HE SAID WE CAN TRY TO COOL THE COMPRESSOR BY RUNNING WATER ON IT. SOMETIMES IT WILL FREE IT UP. WELL WE RAN WATER ON IT FOR TEN MINUTES. HE THEN RECONNECTED THE BREAKER AND FLIPPED THE SWITCH. THIS IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW. WE WERE WITHIN FOOT OF THE AC UNIT STANDING IN FEW INCHS OF WATER. WHEN HE TURNED THE SWITH I SAW A HUGE FLASH N PRETTY BIG POP. IMMEDIATELY HE TURNED IT OFF. AS I LOOKED OVER AT HIM. NOW THINKING I LOST EVERYTHING. THAT WOULD COST $15-2000 NOT GOOD. HE WAS SHEET WHITE. HE TOLD ME SOMETHING SHORTED. HE CHECKED THE CONNECTIONS AND SOMEHOW ONE OF THE WIRES HAS WORN OUT AND WAS GROUNDED TO THE UNIT.  K WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? FIRST IF AT ANYTIME ANYONE TOUCHED THE UNIT WHILE TURNED ON YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN ELECTROCUTED THE NIGHT BEFORE I HAD GONE OUT TO CHECK IT I.USUALLY GO OVER AND LEAN ON IT TO SEE IN. FOR WHATEVER REASON I DIDNT SO I LIVE ANOTHER DAY. GODS INTERVENTION?  IDK CERTAINLY GOD INFLUENCED. NOW BACK TO THE EVENT. AT HAND ONCE HE SAW THE PROBLEM HE TOLD ME THE WHOLE THING ARCED AND ELECTRIC CURRENT DID TRAVEL INTO THE SURROUNDING AREA. IN WHICH WE BOTH WERE STANDING IN WATER AFTER FIXING THE WIRES HE EXPLAINED HOW CLOSE WE WERE TO BEING KILLED. ACTUALLY HE HAD NO EXPLANATION FOR WHY WE WERE STILL ALIVE. I DID. I ALSO TOLD HIM APPARENTLY GOD WASNT READY FOR US   OH AND TO TOP IT OFF THE GENERATOR DID WORK. OK AT LEAST TWO INTERVENTIONS IN THIS NARRATIVE FIRST I DIDNT GET ELECTROCUTED SECOND IT COSTED ME ONLY SMALL SERVICE CHARGE   

BLESSINGS TO ALL MY FAMILY. MAY THIS ENCOURAGE YOU TO PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHERE GOD INTERVENES MOST TIMES THEY ARE SUBTLE AND ARE EASLY OVERLOOKED AND DISMISSED AS LUCK TO NOTHING BURGER. ANYTIME IN ANYWAY BIG SMALL INDIFFERENT (ITS TRULY A BIG THING. ACTUALLY MAYBE MORE PROFOUND THEN YOU THINK) GODS NOT JUST INTO THE BIG SPLASHY FLASHY THINGS. I SEE THE SMALLEST THINGS AND REFLECT UPON THE LORD OF ALL CREATION THE ONE KEEPING EVERY ATOM IN ITS PLACE THE ONE WHO HOLDS THE UNIVERSE TOGETHER HAS/HAD TIME FOR MY SMALLEST OF DETAILS.  THATS A RELATIONSHIP THATS DEEPLY PERSONAL ACTUALLY INTIMATE. I DO HOPE OTHERS WILL SHARE THEIR ENCOUNTERS. WHEN WE DO EACH OF US SEES IN OTHERS THST GOD CAN DO THAT FOR ME TOO. ALSO IT SHOWS ME GODS WORKS WITH THE CHURCH AS A WHOLE. UNTIL NEXT TIME. GODS SPEED. REMEMBER KEEP PRAYING FOR ALL THOSE 

BLESSINGS ONE LOVE PD

• 19 posts
    October 8, 2022 4:53 PM EDT

In the mid 1980s, when I was 22, I was working in a Hilton hotel bar and living in an old rented duplex. I worked long hours and came home late. I tended bar in the lobby in the daytime and waited tables in the big bar at night.

I came home one night around 1 am and had a strange feeling as soon as I pulled up in front of my duplex. I just felt uneasy. I had been living alone for a while and never worried about it. But I just couldn't relax this one particular night. I paced the floors until 4 am. My cat was sitting by the door. I put my hand on the doorknob to let him out and something went through me like electricity telling me DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR. I just sensed evil and danger so strong through my while body.

I gave up. I went to the phone, called 911 and made up a story about hearing a noise. When the 911 operator heard my address she changed her whole attitude. She kept me on the phone, sent FOUR patrol cars, dogs and a small army of cops, including a police chief. I had called a couple weeks before when I found my window screen on the ground, and they had sent out one guy with a flashlight, so I knew this was different. I asked what was going on and they just hemmed and hawwed about standard procedure. They finally left, and I tried to get a little sleep.

About four hours later, there is a knock on my door. A neighbor from the next house threw her arms around me as soon as I opened the door! We barely knew each other! She started telling her story. Turns out she had called the police the night before as well, around 8 pm while I was at work, because she was outside and saw a guy driving by my house in a maroon sedan. She said he slowed down and was looking around and she had a very bad feeling. She said at one point he stopped two houses down from my house and got out. He walked behind the house he had parked in front of, and then came out from behind my house! He had on a pair of gloves that he took off before he got in the car and drove away! She called the police. 

As she was waiting, her husband got home. As she was telling him what was happening, the car came by again. Her husband jumped back in his car and took off after the guy, and he sped up and then he ended up losing him on the interstate! Meanwhile his wife (who had begged her husband to just wait for the police) was talking to the police, who had arrived just after the nick of time. She and her husband made their reports, the cops left, and they went in and eventually went to bed.

When she woke up the next morning, she and her husband were eating breakfast and he was reading the paper when he suddenly jumped up and ran to the phone. Turns out he had seen an article about a woman on the other side of town who was murdered and her car was missing and it was a MAROON SEDAN. He had the license number of the car he had chased, and he was sure the police had checked it by that time. So he called a police officer friend. The car was indeed registered to THE MURDERED WOMAN. She had died a couple hours before my neighbor spotted the car in my neighborhood. The police knew all this when they came to my house! Yet they did not let me know EVEN WHEN I ASKED. I was LIVID.

I have to stop now and do other things. Tune in later (maybe tomorrow) for part two, when I confront the police detective and also find out that I had been stalked and that the guy had probably been IN MY HOUSE. He was STILL AT LARGE.

This post was edited by Janet Sorensen at October 8, 2022 5:33 PM EDT
    • 459 posts
    October 9, 2022 6:14 AM EDT

Janet my dear friend idk if I have words for that kind of terror. As a Pastor n missionary I’ve crossed paths with people that just standing next to them n know matter how polite or engaging I couldn’t get past the darkness I felt with them. I’ve faced three demonically possessed people. It was unsettling however the first time I had to talk n listen to the wicked things spoken. I remember (without giving the event to much now) praying to GOD to get me out of the whole ordeal. Needless to say this would involve 2 angles showing up. Spoiler alert I made it out n am alive. That said how wonderful you were so soon touch with the LORD on a SPIRITUAL LEVEL that you could feel HIM talking to your Spirit and allowed yourself to make great decisions that night. I can’t wait to read your next post. Thank You SISTER JANET for coming back and posting. I know this will powerful I pack our brothers and sisters who come and read our posts. Only one time did I face someone who had a 22 rifle pointed at me in my house n was pretty determined to kill me. Most of my INTERVENTION experiences came in other ways but many I should have died.  Others not that dramatic but I want people to know that even the smallest things our LORD has a vested interest and meets our needs. 

Blessing to all who read this. I hope Janet’s post will inspire you to give praise to GOD for HIS providence. I also would ask that you come back again If you feel inspired to post here please do. Even if it’s just to comment on a post. GODS SPEED. Blessings One Love PD

• 19 posts
    October 9, 2022 12:56 PM EDT

So...I should probably mention that when I was 22 and all this was happening with the stalker, I was not an avid churchgoer. I didn't even get home until at least 1 am on Saturday night and usually slept for a long time on Sunday. I was also doing some things I probably shouldn't have been doing -- like a lot of folks do when they are young. But I was brought up Christian and I prayed daily. I didn't read the Bible much back then, and I was shy and not real good at standing up for myself. I was a little better at taking up for others who were mistreated in front of me, but I didn't have a lot of courage in social situations.

Also, I was kind of cute back then if I say so myself. Young, cute and stupid.

So...on with part 2. I was sitting at home after my neighbor left. It was probably 9 or 10 am. I was fuming, angry at the police, and shaking I was so scared. I was trying to decide what my next step would be, when here comes another knock at my door. It's the police.

I open the door and a Little Rock police detective (I was actually in North Little Rock, a separate city) introduced himself. His name was Stuart Thomas. (Later he became the LR police chief, but at this time in the 1980s he was fairly young but already highly respected). He had some police with him who were already walking and kind of sniffing around, and once again, I saw the K9 unit in front of my house. The detective started telling me why he was there and finally I interrupted and let him know that my neighbor had already visited. 

I was a little smart alecky and said something like, "I'm glad y'all decided to let me know my life was in danger, very considerate of you," and that sort of thing. He said he had been called into the case because two women had been murdered in Little Rock and he was almost sure this was the same guy. He said another woman had been attacked, run over with a car and left for dead but she survived and was helping them with the case.

He was just writing away in his little notebook, and I was standing there shocked at what he was saying. He said they had found some cigarette butts, Kool filter kings) around my back window and he was pretty sure I had been watched for a while because some of them had been rained on and some were brand new. He said there was a good chance he had found a way into my house or was looking for one, and I remembered one time finding new messages on my machine, but the light wasn't on -- like someone had already listened to them. I hadn't thought much about it at the time.

At this point, it was like a white light dropped in front of my eyes and then just for a moment I saw in my head the front door of the duplex with police tape all around it. My heart was pounding and he was just standing there writing in his little notebook. I said, "Am I safe staying here? Should I move out?"

He started yammering on about how I would be fine and they would be driving by every few minutes, blah, blah.

I said silently to myself, "Dear God, this guy just sees a cocktail waitress and I'm not sure he cares if I live or die as along as he solves his case and gets the credit. Please tell me right now what to say to this man and what to do next."

Without even thinking, I put my hand on top of his notebook so he would stop writing. When he looked up at me with his mouth hanging open, I said "What would you say to me if I were your daughter?"

It wasn't out of the question -- he was just old enough to be my dad.

He paused for just a moment and looked like he was having one of those "I never thought about that" moments. Then he said, "If you were my daughter, I'd be in there packing your suitcase."

He told me later that he would always remember me and that moment. I will too. He said I reminded him why he was really there.

It's not quite over, but I have to stop again. Tune in for part 3, in which my boss meets the detective and finally has to believe my wild story and remove staff names and phone numbers from his work station by the front door. (Kind of a no-brainer.) We also used fake names for a while but that was really lame and didn't last long. (I was "Candy" ????)

Also, they catch the guy and how they catch him is pretty weird.

This post was edited by Janet Sorensen at October 9, 2022 3:09 PM EDT
    • 459 posts
    October 9, 2022 10:18 PM EDT

As I read your crazy scary experience it chills me to the bone. It also brought back a long forgotten memory of someone in the house I was living in. Idk what would have happened as unlike you that found out someone was stalking you and killed woman There wasn’t any mention of anyone breaking in ect. That’s a story another day. Te fact you had your roots in the LORD knowing now HE WAS NEVER GOING TO LEAVE YOU back then being that young that may not have been something you were taught. My point HE was speaking to you. It’s because we hear GOD in our internal voice so the message you were feeling/hearing was overwhelming as you never felt that much danger/evil before. Confusing for I believe all us at one time in our life heard from GOD and said who/what was that. Because  your roots that your family introduced to you and GOD HE had a plan for you still. This is the one thing I’d like people to understand that these times GOD INTERVENED was because HE had a purpose n plan to accomplish it. HE just needed to get your attention to allow us to make the choice to come home. If you only nu things I was running back in the day. I’d have never been thought I was a CHRISTIAN Now the whole CANDY  part of you narrative NICE TOUCH. LOL TY for sharing.My Sister JANET. I will not post till I hear the rest of this experience. So the forum is yours   Blessings n I’m so blest to have connected with you. One Love PD

• 19 posts
    October 10, 2022 11:03 AM EDT

Well, if we're not going to hear from Daryl again until I finish, I'd better wind things up! laughing

I have told this story many times. It even interests my chronically bored teenaged daughter, and she told it to her boyfriend. It is the craziest thing that has ever happened to me. One time I survived an F4 tornado but it wasn't any scarier than that moment when I had my hand on the doorknob and something was telling me not to open it. It is one of the things I remember when I'm afraid God has given up on me. He, or one of my angels or something, cared enough to warn me back then when I was a worse sinner than I am now! So I must be here for a reason and I just keep stumbling around trying to fulfill my purpose.

Anyway, part 3.

After I freaked out the detective, he treated me a little differently. He took me around to the back of the duplex, where other officers were picking up cigarette butts and putting them into little plastic baggies. He even showed me where he thought the guy stood to peer around my curtains! AAAUGH!

He said if he was right, this guy probably followed me home from work. He had followed one of his victims home from a bar, the detective thought. He said he planned to talk to my boss. He promised to keep me informed. He said, "I know you are leaving but we would like for this guy to think you are here." So I got a friend to pick me up and left my car at the duplex. I told the detective "You were going to use me for bait." And he said, "That guy's probably not coming anywhere near here after seeing all the patrol cars last night. But he might. And if he does, we are going to get him. I promise."

So I stayed with a friend for two or three days. The guy never showed back up, and I came back for my car and my stuff, and started making other living arrangements. Meanwhile, I had told my boss about this and that he might be getting a call from the police. He was like, OK whatever. But I could tell he didn't believe me! Then a couple days later, the detective called me at work. He said they were making progress on the case and he wanted to talk to my boss. I put my boss on the phone and watched his face. His eyes got really big and he kept saying, "Yes, sir." The detective came in later and walked around and talked to my boss and a couple of my regulars. He showed us a sketch. He told my boss to take down the list of staff names and numbers by the door and told him we needed to be really careful when we were leaving and that he could help by watching and asking the bartender to watch to make sure no one got up and followed us out. We got a new security guard. My boss, to his credit, took it all seriously after that. He did everything the detective recommended.

The detective also told me he had asked my neighbor and the reporters who were calling her NOT TO MENTION MY NAME or anything about me. (Yes, the press found out from the police reports.) They printed an interview with my neighbor (who eventually moved because of all this and the scary memories) but they never mentioned my name. I finally found the article not too long ago but now I have lost it again! I will try to find it.

Fast forward a couple weeks. The detective had called me a couple times to keep me informed, and I was starting to be anxious for the bad guy to be caught! I was getting tired of it, and co-workers were kind of teasing me about all the drama and excitement. The detective said the guy has probably moved on but we will keep you informed and we are GOING TO GET HIM.

Sure enough, one day, about three weeks after that scary night at my duplex, the detective called me at work and said as soon as I answered, "WE GOT HIM." Turns out they had a suspect they were looking at, and HIS WIFE TURNED HIM IN. She had found a pile of old bloody clothes under the bed or something, and gave them to the police, and they figured out the blood type matched one of the murdered women. I don't think they were even using DNA back then but they were pretty sure.

He also said "When we arrested him, he had a pack of Kool filter kings in his back pocket." surprised

I followed the court case, and it dragged on for a couple years. He got the death penalty but appealed and ended up with life without parole. Last I checked, he was still alive at Tucker super max here in Arkansas. I prayed and thanked God right there on the phone with that detective!

And I lived on. I prayed for his momma who is probably dead by now. I even prayed for his eternal soul but I gotta say my heart wasn't in it. If I get to heaven and he is there all shining and forgiven, I will deal with it. As my ma-maw would say, "God loves him just as much as he loves you. The devil just got hold of him, that's all."

I hope this story helps someone believe. It certainly made a believer out of me! I was already a believer really, but this experience is part of what made me who I am. "If God is for us, who can be against us?"

Also, if God wants me to live, I WILL LIVE. I owe God that much!

Peace, love and courage! Happy Monday and never give up!

This post was edited by Janet Sorensen at October 10, 2022 11:10 AM EDT
    • 19 posts
    • 19 posts
    October 10, 2022 12:41 PM EDT

I forgot to mention one little tidbit that has stayed with me. A few days in, then I was talking to the detective, he asked me what had made me call the police that night. I said, "I will go ahead and tell you the truth. I lied and said I had heard a noise, but the truth is, I don't know what made me call. I just got home from work and could not shake this anxious feeling." I told him about the incident with the cat and the doorknob and said I just could not describe the feeling. I said "I guess you think I'm crazy."

He said, "NO, MA'AM. In police work, we call that a hunch, and most of us have learned the hard way not to go against one."

I said, "Do you think I would have been next if I had opened that door? I thought he knew how to get in anyway?"

He said, "He was probably waiting until you went to sleep. But if you had opened that door, it might have just been too easy. Or you might have startled him into action. We'll never know now. But I am glad you did not open it."

There is a book called the Gift of Fear by Gavin De Becker, who owns a famous security company. Highly recommend. Fear can be your friend. Panic is almost always your enemy, though.

• 34 posts
    October 10, 2022 1:53 PM EDT
    Daryl Page said:

Blessings Brother Schalk. Thank you for the kind words. I do agree this is a wonderful way for us to bring Glory to our FATHER. I know you will be praying for this topic to grow until everyone in The Ministry gets to at least visit it. Hopefully they will be inspired to also post on the topic. Blessings One Love Your Brother PD 

Thank you for your kind words, God bless you too. 

• 19 posts
    October 10, 2022 2:21 PM EDT

One more thing. The LRPD detective went on, as I mentioned, to become the chief of police in Little Rock. He retired a few years back. He had a very distinguished career, and I'd like to think he kept his promise never to forget me. But I have not asked. I don't think we spoke again after that last phone call.

This article says he went to the police at age 21 to complain about the way they had handled a call. He was told if he thought he could do better, to join the force. So he did. No wonder I kind of liked him! We had a bit in common, I think.

https://www.littlerock.gov/news/little-rock-announces-retirement-of-police-chief-stuart-thomas/

• 459 posts
    October 10, 2022 5:20 PM EDT

My Dear Friend n Sister Janet. That could have been a movie. Actually there are tons of these types of programming. Yet you lived through it. YOU LIVED   Here’s the thing about INTERVENTION. Many times it does have to do with actual life n death situations. So like two things. You mentioned purpose/will.of GOD. Obviously going through such things like facing death and one gets through it physically (emotionally may take a very long time if ever). This SPEAKS GOD saying I STILL HAVE A PLAN FOR YOU. I’ve wondered myself why I was spared but pretty quickly knew GOD had a purpose. Actually HE told me when I foolishly asked that I would be a Pastor I nu that at 13. But took a path similar to you. So BE CONFIDENT I THIS ONE THING GOD HAS A PUROSE (TGE PLAN TO GET S THERE IS A BIT MYSTERIOUS LOL)  HE May change our venue or type of ministering to something totally different. Yet it will be tied to your SPIRITUAL GIFT FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT. The big INTERVENTIONS are easy to identify as we get older We will take notice of the times GOD INTERVENED just never added them up. Second thing I’d love people to grasp n embrace is that GODS so intimately  connected to us HE was SERIOUS about the hairs on our head. That’s up close n personal. Hence we should see the little things HE does and let that sink in. Idk if you read my post on THE PENNY  Imagine seeing the smallest things GODS doing in real time and immediately give thanks. Btw I’ve got a topic on THE PRODIGAL SON I found his experiences (all the steps down n back) matched me to a T. I hope others will read your story and give thanks. As known of us know just how many times we were spared from tragedy. THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSTS. Please come back and post again. 
    BLESSINGS One Love PD.