Forums » Testimonies

• 3 posts
    August 28, 2015 7:20 PM EDT

My Husband died on the 6th of this month after 18 years of illness and disability. It sure is quiet around here.  Just me and my dog, ""Surely Not Another Dog" I did not want another dog when my husband got him free off of Craigs List. He is a Bichon and not a Serial Killer. But has turned out to me a natural Therapy Dog. It's just Surely and I now. I have been taking a devotional on "You Version" on day 58 of a 60 day study called Grief Bites. Is there a topic here on Grief?

• 56 posts
    August 28, 2015 7:54 PM EDT

Sorry for you loss Judith. I know it is hard. I am so happy you have joined us on here. You can message me anytime you want. I am mostly here. We had a good lesson tonight. Be blessed my friend. It's a lot of love here.

This post was edited by Kay Rushin at August 28, 2015 7:56 PM EDT
  • August 31, 2015 4:41 PM EDT
    thank you for sharing....:)
  • October 1, 2015 5:43 PM EDT
    Hi Judith! Just wanted to reach out to you as I am a widow as well. Its been almost 2 1/2 yrs for me. I can probably relate to you better than someone who hasnt experienced this kind of loss. I am here anytime you would like to chat.
    • 3 posts
    October 21, 2015 12:20 AM EDT

God has been taking care of me so very well, Praise to Him, He has blessed me far more than I ever imagined. I still have some bland nowhere periods, the followed with looking at pictures of him and feeling good at the memories we shared and the common areas we enjoyed. I am living with my mother now who has some alzhiemers most confusion in the morning and the evening. But still knows me and has a great since of humor. She blesses me when I give her coffee in the morning. I attend exercize classes and other activities and talk her into coming to. She has a great since of humor and is becoming recognized more here. Sometimes I feel guilty because I feel so good. I miss my home church and friends, and am attending one with my family here. I really want to know what God desires from me spiritually here. I had a large list of people I prayed with in a small group, sometimes just two of us. I was loved and loved the others in that church, It was a full pentacostal church. The family is attending a small struggling fairly formal Lutheran Church, ELCA, I think is the type. I want to know I am doing what God wants. Requesting prayers. 

• 56 posts
    October 21, 2015 8:01 AM EDT

Hi Judith, I will be praying for you. We often say God is in control, things are going according to his plan, then things change and we get scared and confused. You will be fine with God by your side. God has the perfect plan for us all, even when we can't yet see it. Blessing to you!