Forums » General Discussion

Taking Control of Prayer

• 8 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:50 PM EDT

We all pray, but do we pray enough? Sometimes we all, including myself, have taken a detour with prayer. Whether it is our work schedule, school, navigating family life, or just simply not doing it, it happens! Luckily, we are loved by our God, always. A couple of years ago, a friend noted that she and her family would pray for us during the loss of my Dad. She also mentioned that we would be on there "list." This list was an actual prayer list of people that her and her husband made and posted on their refrigerator. They actually went by the list in the mornings and prayed for each person on it! How awesome is that! Although we say our nightly prayers, meal prayers, and spontaneous prayer, it is okay to have a "structured" time to pray in addition to any other prayers we pray. My structured time has become while I am in my car. Literally everytime, even if it is as short as a five minute drive! Does anyone else have a time set aside for prayer? Any suggestions? Ideas? God bless and have a great week! :)

After posting, I realized this is in Testimonies, rather than a general format! Ooops!

This post was edited by Laura Mustard at March 21, 2016 11:56 PM EDT
  • March 22, 2016 6:00 AM EDT
    Laura, your fine where you posted. :) I can't wait till I get in the car as well as that is my time also. I always feel God is waiting on me just to chat. God Bless!
    • 275 posts
    March 22, 2016 12:54 PM EDT

Hi Laura, I moved your post, so it's in the General Discussion now, as you wished :). Dion and I have our joint prayer time in the morning, as well as at night, and yes, a structured prayer time is great and is a good way to be consistent about it. We also pray for travelng mercies each time we get in the car and of course, before each meal. Naturally, there is also spontaneous prayer throughout the day, plus Dion has prayer time before writing. Have a blessed day :)!