Forums » Testimonies

Answering God's call

• October 3, 2016 8:00 PM EDT

I am a strong believer that God puts us in places where he needs us to be. He did this to me today on my way home from work. I was debating with myself whether or not to stop at the store on my way home from work. I needed to buy a gift bag for my sister's birthday present. I had pretty much made up my mind that I would stop by the store tomorrow however, at the very last minute I decided to just stop by today.

I walked around the store picking up a few more items and headed toward the checkout line. Ahead of me was a husband and wife and their four children. The cashier rang up their items and gave them the total. The wife swiped her card (not sure exactly what it was) but it was declined. The cashier asked her if she had another card. She pulled out one that just had a $3 balance on it. I asked the cashier how much their total was and she gave it to me. I told her that I would pay for their stuff. Mind you, I am like everyone else and I live paycheck to paycheck but I knew God was seeing what I was going to do.

The husband and wife looked at me like I was an alien. They couldn't believe someone -a stranger - had offered to pay for their items. They repeatedly thanked me and I told them God wants us to help others when we can.

As I was making my way to my car, the oldest of the children came up to me and asked me my name. She said her Mother was going to ask God to bless me. I told her I would take all the blessing I can get.

When I got inside my car, my Daddy's song  - I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me - was playing on the radio. I immediately broke out in tears because I knew it was my Daddy and God reminding me that they are always around me and were proud of what I had done. With so much ugliness, bitterness and selfishness going on in the world right now, I just wanted to remind this family there is always hope and to believe that God does answer prayers.

• 275 posts
    October 4, 2016 10:22 AM EDT

Praise God, what a beautiful testimony, Laura! I know that God was smiling on the help that you gave to that family <3!

• 1 posts
    October 6, 2016 9:14 AM EDT

How wonderful! This made me cry!!