Forums » Testimonies

Beacon of light

• 2 posts
    October 21, 2016 3:05 PM EDT

I am so blessed ! I love my new life and being a new person. Since i was saved a very long time ago i turned from God and went down the wrong path (wide road) i couldn't get it right. I was so lost in the darkness even some of my family gave up on me and my friends to. Then one day God got my attention i was so broken down and no where to go but up literaly. After a few years i wanted to end it all ! I was tired of the drugs and that kind of life style etc... I got thrown in jail for 6 moths for someone else's crime. The person who stole my roommates escalade the blame was put on me for that, but while i was in for those 6 months, No distrations no doing the bad drugs and no hanging out with the lost people's. God started speaking to me loud and clear. I felt the Holy Ghost within, the jail had a library and i found a Holy Bible in there the Pastor that came to see inmates said that i could keep it. So very happy i began to read God's word somethings i did not understand somethings i could not pronounce either. But, that didn't stop me i got so close to God I was truly on fire for Him. Praying literaly 24 hours day in day out. There was a different Church that would come there to speak with the inmates and this one elderly lady pointed at me and said i can see the Lord and your love for Him through your eye's. Never met this lady before and she was telling me this i said to myself oh my lol. Well the brought necklaces made of a wooden cross and black string and she gave them out to everyone. Before she left she said i will be praying for you extra hard because you do not belong in here! My eye's began to burn with hot tears and i said as best as i could "thank you i will pray for you too" she said "i will take em'" lol so I found a different book in there by Rick Warren living the spirit filled life. Now read that and the Holy Bible my world was being rocked ! The jailer came to where i was locked up inside of and said that i was probably going to go to the penitentiary for the crime that i was being blamed for he was not a nice guy to begin with and the enemy was on attack which after the jailer said that to me i rebuked him he looked at me funny and then handed me a opened letter from my legal counsel after reading the letter i was pretty upset and there was another lady in jail with me she was checking on me and i explained she was a believer who strayed away as well. So after we prayed together i laid on my bunk and i prayed within saying God please don't let them do this to me but you have plans for my life so Lord if that is where you want me to go than i will go whatever your will be let it be. Lord if you will spare my life for freedom outwardly i will serve you better than i have ever served you before You have got my attention what will you have me to do Lord. My fears kicked in and so i prayed all night long I got one hour of sleep and then it was time to wake up for breakfast and to clean. Things happen on God's time not mine i know that very well. Went through the Holidays all alone no other ladies in jail with me just by myself. I cried everyday and night after 6 months the big boss had summened me to his office and told me if i told the truth that he would set me free. I wrote everything down they video me in an interview. They sent me back to my cell i hit my knees and i begged and pleaded and said the same thing over and over. to spare my freedom outwardly and that i will spend the rest of my life serving Him ...... The next day the said pack my stuff i was free to go i hurried up got packed i was shaking all over i didn't want them to change there mind so i ran out of the cell and i followed the jailer he put me in a holding cell. Came back with legal papers to sign i signed them and gave em back. I was so nervous at that time that all i could do was thank the Lord for rescuing me from the gate way to hell! Through the whole time He was my Beacon of light all the darkness all the problems and troubles i had in there God was with me through it all. I was never alone ... the jailer brought me my clothes i put them on and he walked me to the exit i looked and told myself never again i belong to God and i will serve Him, that i would never be in a place like this ever again. I turned around saying goodbye. I opened the doors and i was so overwhelmed the sun was shinging so bright the tress were so green the sky so blue with white puffy clouds the air so fresh when i breathed in the air was cold going in and out. I looked up to the Sky closed my eyes and i thank God for everything the bad and the good, for saving me and allowing me to serve Him. Until this day i still remember and i still have the Holy Bible and the wooden Cross necklace. So for me life is such sweeter than before this was 5 years ago i am still strong with the Lord. Others look at me odd and think i am odd to but if they only they knew where i was coming from and why i am so happy to be going where God has planned for me after this life they wouldn't be that way. It's ok though :) I love God and He loves me i know this and much more better than i have ever known before Grace and faith loving God He is so compassionate. This is my story this is my song praising my Saviour all the day long ;)

• 2 posts
    October 21, 2016 3:06 PM EDT

LIFE WITH GOD IS THE ONLY WAY OUR ONLY ANSWER FOR EVERYTHING <3

I am so blessed ! I love my new life and being a new person. Since i was saved a very long time ago i turned from God and went down the wrong path (wide road) i couldn't get it right. I was so lost in the darkness even some of my family gave up on me and my friends to. Then one day God got my attention i was so broken down and no where to go but up literaly. After a few years i wanted to end it all ! I was tired of the drugs and that kind of life style etc... I got thrown in jail for 6 moths for someone else's crime. The person who stole my roommates escalade the blame was put on me for that, but while i was in for those 6 months, No distrations no doing the bad drugs and no hanging out with the lost people's. God started speaking to me loud and clear. I felt the Holy Ghost within, the jail had a library and i found a Holy Bible in there the Pastor that came to see inmates said that i could keep it. So very happy i began to read God's word somethings i did not understand somethings i could not pronounce either. But, that didn't stop me i got so close to God I was truly on fire for Him. Praying literaly 24 hours day in day out. There was a different Church that would come there to speak with the inmates and this one elderly lady pointed at me and said i can see the Lord and your love for Him through your eye's. Never met this lady before and she was telling me this i said to myself oh my lol. Well the brought necklaces made of a wooden cross and black string and she gave them out to everyone. Before she left she said i will be praying for you extra hard because you do not belong in here! My eye's began to burn with hot tears and i said as best as i could "thank you i will pray for you too" she said "i will take em'" lol so I found a different book in there by Rick Warren living the spirit filled life. Now read that and the Holy Bible my world was being rocked ! The jailer came to where i was locked up inside of and said that i was probably going to go to the penitentiary for the crime that i was being blamed for he was not a nice guy to begin with and the enemy was on attack which after the jailer said that to me i rebuked him he looked at me funny and then handed me a opened letter from my legal counsel after reading the letter i was pretty upset and there was another lady in jail with me she was checking on me and i explained she was a believer who strayed away as well. So after we prayed together i laid on my bunk and i prayed within saying God please don't let them do this to me but you have plans for my life so Lord if that is where you want me to go than i will go whatever your will be let it be. Lord if you will spare my life for freedom outwardly i will serve you better than i have ever served you before You have got my attention what will you have me to do Lord. My fears kicked in and so i prayed all night long I got one hour of sleep and then it was time to wake up for breakfast and to clean. Things happen on God's time not mine i know that very well. Went through the Holidays all alone no other ladies in jail with me just by myself. I cried everyday and night after 6 months the big boss had summened me to his office and told me if i told the truth that he would set me free. I wrote everything down they video me in an interview. They sent me back to my cell i hit my knees and i begged and pleaded and said the same thing over and over. to spare my freedom outwardly and that i will spend the rest of my life serving Him ...... The next day the said pack my stuff i was free to go i hurried up got packed i was shaking all over i didn't want them to change there mind so i ran out of the cell and i followed the jailer he put me in a holding cell. Came back with legal papers to sign i signed them and gave em back. I was so nervous at that time that all i could do was thank the Lord for rescuing me from the gate way to hell! Through the whole time He was my Beacon of light all the darkness all the problems and troubles i had in there God was with me through it all. I was never alone ... the jailer brought me my clothes i put them on and he walked me to the exit i looked and told myself never again i belong to God and i will serve Him, that i would never be in a place like this ever again. I turned around saying goodbye. I opened the doors and i was so overwhelmed the sun was shinging so bright the tress were so green the sky so blue with white puffy clouds the air so fresh when i breathed in the air was cold going in and out. I looked up to the Sky closed my eyes and i thank God for everything the bad and the good, for saving me and allowing me to serve Him. Until this day i still remember and i still have the Holy Bible and the wooden Cross necklace. So for me life is such sweeter than before this was 5 years ago i am still strong with the Lord. Others look at me odd and think i am odd to but if they only they knew where i was coming from and why i am so happy to be going where God has planned for me after this life they wouldn't be that way. It's ok though :) I love God and He loves me i know this and much more better than i have ever known before Grace and faith loving God He is so compassionate. This is my story this is my song praising my Saviour all the day long ;)

[/blockquote]

• October 29, 2016 1:31 PM EDT

God bless you Amanda, I know my Redeemer lives. I have had that experience three times and I was guilty once. I have faced a Life sentence and served a little less than five years. I spet my time in a ccounty jail fasting, praising , and praying. Reading the Word regularly: one night as I was reading the Word, God showed me a vision of me standing at a blackboard writing, the scene was purple. As I came out of the vision, God spoke to me and said, "I will deliver you." I started to sing and praise God in the middle of the night, the other inmates started yelling at me to "shut up" - I didn't, I couldn't. Well God did deliver me, but I was hard-headed and would return twice for something I was not guilty of. God used me those two times to teach the Word to other inmates, and some of the guards would wake me up(around 5am) before they completed their shifts and have me to share the Word with them. God's favor was upon me and I was put in charge of serving the food to those on my "rock." Today, I avidly seek to serve God at every opportunity, I miss the mark sometimes, because my aim is off. I am "in the cave" as we speak and I know that when I come out, God is going to use me. God is so Good, all we have to do is "stay the course."

This post was edited by Joseph Adams, Jr. at October 29, 2016 1:34 PM EDT
    • 13 posts
    November 5, 2016 9:08 PM EDT

Thank you Amanda and Joseph for your testimonies. Keep the faith and that fire burning brightly for God! He didn't promise us a rose garden but did promise to never leave us or forsake us. I teach a faith based class in the State and Federal prisons in my state and I know that some of the men are changed people from when they were first locked up. Some of their testimonies and experiences are so incredible that you know God is with them and doing a great work in their lives. Unfortunately this isn't the majority of people (I wish it was), but God works with whom He chooses, when He chooses, and how He chooses - all for His Glory! Thank you again and I wish you all the best as you serve our Great God & King!

• November 7, 2016 2:56 PM EST

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. My desire is to one day return to the County Jail (as a guest) and bring the Word to those who are lost facing extreme difficulties.

• 23 posts
    November 9, 2016 11:34 PM EST
    Thank you for sharing your testimony......I feel very encouraged when I hear someone spreading the word of God to other people and the transfirmation it took to do so. Bless you all.