Forums » Website Issues

Website To Do List

• 137 posts
    August 7, 2015 1:09 PM EDT

We are going to maintain a website todo list here to organize and fix problems with the website, as well as plan future development. If you have questions / problems / ideas please share them here. We will edit this ongoing list as needed. Thank you for participating and being a part of Refreshing Hope Ministries.

Known Problems:

1. There is currently a problem when posting a blog comment using an iphone or ipad. (Hope to have this fixed soon)
    2. Comments in the devotional area are listed randomly after posting a comment.
    3. Sometimes "like" quits working and you have to reload the homepage.

Feature Requests:

1. Pictures posted on the main news feed should be bigger. : Increased to 400 x 600.
    2. More "room" in the post box, i.e., longer posts are getting cut off. : Increased to 25,000 characters.
    3. Sharing and text-only version links on the devotional needed back. :Fixed
    4. Larger font in blog comments area. : Increased to 16px.
    5. Increase chat timeout period. : Increased to 60 minutes.

Recent Changes:

1. Enhanced the prayer network some more. Changed the Reply and Prayed links into buttons. Moved them directly under the request. Made the prayer boxes larger and the menus easier to get to. 
    2. Increased the text size in the comment fields.
    3. Increased the post -> comment reply length to 3,000. 
    4. Reworked the chat system to send notifications for friend invites and messages. Also added mobile chat.
    5. Added an updated timeline to your wall. You can now add a cover image, and do much more than you could before. Simply click your own name and there you can start to customize things. The cover image should be at least: 1098*250 (width*height) pixels.
    6. Improved signup process, removed captcha, made photo optional and text to clarify email verification. 
    7. Added Birthday reminders and a calendar to track them. 

This post was edited by Dion Todd at January 19, 2016 1:32 PM EST
    • 275 posts
    August 11, 2015 10:46 AM EDT

Thank you, Tammy, I have been talking to Julie via email :). We're not sure why that's happening to her, but will figure it out!

• 275 posts
    August 11, 2015 10:52 AM EDT

Requests I've picked up from comments and observation:

1) More "room" in the post box, i.e., longer posts are getting cut off.

2) Sharing and text-only version links on the devotional needed back.

3) Larger font in blog comments area.

• 56 posts
    August 13, 2015 11:44 AM EDT

I am just glad to have Ya'll back online period. Where is the emoji box? I know Mrs Sylvia misses that, I can only edit certain places, I sure would love that back, OCD!

I am not an cpu tech, but I know the work it takes starting over! Praying for you guys and this site.  Overall, I don't see much, but I will keep an eye out and pay attention to comments.

This post was edited by Kay Rushin at August 13, 2015 12:23 PM EDT
    • 275 posts
    August 13, 2015 12:10 PM EDT

Haha, thank you, Kay, I do miss that :)! When we rebuilt, we decided to start off as "clean" as possible, without some of the add-ons that we had used. We think it's making the website a good bit faster. We may add things over time, but Dion is going to work on learning to code in the language this website was built on and that will probably be better in the end. 

What are the areas that you are wanting to edit? Dion would know more about if we can fix that, but if we know what is of most interest, that would be a start :)!

Thank you so much, Kay!

• 56 posts
    August 14, 2015 11:11 AM EDT

Slyvia, would you lke to update this: to Tues?

This group is for people who would like to participate in our online Bible study led by Pastor Dion. We will be posting updates and information about the study here. The study is not at a set time, but will happen throughout the week from Monday to Monday. 

• 275 posts
    August 16, 2015 12:08 PM EDT

Thank you for your feedback, Brian :)! I have noticed both of those as well. On the comments, it's resorting by the number of upvotes, which isn't ideal. I have been reloading the page because of the "like" issue. Hopefully we can have these fixed soon :)!

• August 22, 2015 6:28 AM EDT

Blessings. I am happy you are back and blessing us again. I do miss our little icons though. I love a good smiley face or  heart picture next to my posts :) Thanks again for all you do and stay blessed.

• August 22, 2015 7:26 AM EDT

Is it possible to add edit back in. Some of my posts are not able to be edited only deleated. Some posts, maybe mostly in prayers, I can edit though. I often look back at mistakes I can't edit and have to add an oops in the coments ;) Thanks again for working so hard for the Lord and us :)

• 275 posts
    August 22, 2015 8:01 AM EDT

Hi Dianna! I liked the smilies and such too, lol. The reason they are not there at the moment is because that piece was part of a very large package of things, which in the end, added a lot of slowness to the site. If we can figure out how to break out that piece, I would be happy too! 

On being able to edit the posts, yes that would be a great feature :). Dion has been working hard to tweak the code, so hopefully that is something that can happen!

• 1 posts
    August 23, 2015 12:10 PM EDT
    I just read this and it explained why I have issues, outside of my own lack of computer skills. Praying the kinks work out more smoothly for your sake, Pastor and Miss Sylvia.
    • 8 posts
    August 24, 2015 3:46 PM EDT

This is really trivial but i wonder if the messages could have a delete button after your send and receive...I have some that are miles long!! thanks!

• 275 posts
    August 24, 2015 3:51 PM EDT

Oh, for private messages, Julie? There is a delete link on the top left if you click on each message. Agreed, being able to delete them from the list would be better, but that's a start for the extra long ones :).

• November 24, 2015 8:14 AM EST
    I have noticed that the events are not accessible from each group... I mean in the group if you click on events on that page..
    Like in thankful November, it says no events, I have to click event on the top menu. Also in the education group for the reading event, it's not listed in the events on the group page only on the main top menu. I hope that made since:)
    • 275 posts
    November 24, 2015 9:05 AM EST

Hi Dianna :)! All of the events are actually sitewide, that is they can be accessed by anyone who is a registered member of RHM, rather that just the group members. We found that it was easier for everyone, including group members, to be able to know the events are there, and also don't have the plugin in place for specific group events. 

What I'm wondering about though, is where you are clicking to see a blank events page. On the groups page, there should be no events tab at all. The only place that lists events "should" be on the top menu, on the sidebar of the desktop homepage, or the top of the homepage on a phone. If you see such a thing any place else, please let me know, because it's probably something we need to delete :). Thank you so much, Dianna!

• 56 posts
    November 24, 2015 9:15 AM EST

LOL it made sense, once I went to see what you were actually talking about, I don't think the Education has a event per say, but yes I see the thankful November is only at the top,  on the home page.........Some groups are private, in which case you may not see all the events  if you are not a member. Thankful November is better like this, so we can all be thankful even if we are not apart of a certain group! I hope this helps!

• 56 posts
    November 24, 2015 9:27 AM EST

Under the group, count your blessing, there is not any event listed ,  :Thankful November" it comes up only on the main home page, I think this is what she is talking about.

This post was edited by Kay Rushin at November 24, 2015 10:10 AM EST
    • 275 posts
    November 24, 2015 9:38 AM EST

Oh ok, if it's only a matter of going to a group and not seeing anything about an event, then it's working as intended. If there is an events link somewhere on the group pages where you click and then it says "no events", then that's something I need to delete :).

To put it another way, whenever a group leader creates an event, they just go to the link at the top of the site, and create it there, so all of the events are technically available for everyone, though it's the people in the relevant groups that will usually be most interested.

• November 24, 2015 1:39 PM EST

ok so, what I mean is when I go to Passionate About Education and see the menu bar on that page that says >> Status > member (24)> Photo (2)>Discussion (1) > Link (17)> "Events and click on that it says no events have been added to this group " I it says that in Tamaras group page on that page click link thing  too :) Hope that made more since  sorry some times i leave my computer on but am not really here so it only looks like I not responding to you :)

• November 25, 2015 8:04 PM EST
    I have been trying to post a couple thanksgiving pictures but I get a pop up at the bottom of the screen that says.. (Unable to perform the last task due to low memory) I have had that problem before but only on this site plus I know I have plenty of memory. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. P. S. I have tryed everything you can advise me to do on my end to no avail. This only happens with pictures. God Bless!
    This post was edited by Deleted Member at November 25, 2015 8:08 PM EST
    • 275 posts
    November 26, 2015 10:28 AM EST

Hi Brian, happy Thanksgiving! What browswer are you using to do that? If you are not already using it, Google Chrome might be a good option. Also, restarting your device. The low memory message would not be from our server, but still, we'd like to see it resolved :). 

• 275 posts
    November 26, 2015 11:32 AM EST

Grr, ok, what kind of phone are you using? Possibly we can re-produce the issue. If you find anything on your side, please let us know!

• November 26, 2015 12:03 PM EST
    Thanks sorry for bugging you! I found the problem... Daaaa in my deveopers options forgot I turned on destroy every activity as soon as I leave it.. Haa Haa daaaa that was definitely the cause! Thank you very much. NOW YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR DAY! GOD BLESS YOU :) Sincerely: Blind Tech -)
    • 275 posts
    November 26, 2015 12:50 PM EST

Aha, I would not have thought of that, glad you found it, lol :)! God bless and have a great day, Brian!

• 67 posts
    March 31, 2016 12:32 PM EDT

I actually have some ideas for the site and a suggestion. My suggestion is some improvements on the chat system. I like chat systems like facebook or yahoo chat, those work very well and multiple people can chat in the same discussion. Also, I think the chat memory needs to be a little longer, now, it seems as soon as you refresh the page, the chat is blank. And for ideas, what about something to liven this place up a little bit, like games or some other interactive activities that encourage conversation and participation?